Monday, July 13, 2009

The Best Laid Plans gone astray



Well it is Monday and my vow to make a scrappy stash top was not in the cards. I picked my Grand daughter up to have her spend the night for her Birthday and then of course we had to shop for the present. Yes Baby Doll and stroller and princess shoes.
But her older brother wanted to come home with me on Sat so he could finish his quilt. So Now Friday night was a waste and then now all day Sat and now Sat night. But he got it done and ready for the quilt show in two weeks. Here is a pic of Devon and his quilt. The center is a panel that I has bought years ago. He added the blue border and cut and sewed all the pieces for the last border. I out the top on my long arm and he quilted it. I made him do the binding all by machine and he really probably did a better job at that than I do.
Sunday had us going to the birthday party. So all I managed was 25 of these scrappy twist blocks. I had swapped 25 of these out earlier in the year and wanted more. I have decided that I want to do 50 more but I am going to reverse the pattern. I am on Stashbust yahoo group and have signed up for th UFO Challenge and realized these top is not on my list of things to do so lets put it away and go to something I can check off the list.
I was talking with a friend and she told me that Iwas wearing off on her, she was now cutting scraps into 2.5" squares and or whatever size the scrap warranted. I had been telling her for years about my obession with 2.5" squares and I have totes of them. Yes I have 2 or 3 different tops started with them. she then in turn was telling a friend in AL and now she is cutting scraps into squares. I told her to go to Bonnie's Quiltville site and really get the good lessons on how to organize the scraps. I did look at all my bags of scraps and decided to 'get real' this bag was fashion fabric, I won't use those scraps. Out it went. Then went through a couple of the other bags quickly and took out the poly blends, velvets and anything I would not put in a quilt. These went into a sack for purses. Then I pitched out scraps that weren't at least 1.5" square. I had been saving all these for those intricut paper pieced projects, but went through another 'get real' moment. I could use the larger scraps for these and what are the chances that I actually get to that project anyway. I have way to many UFO's to complete before I can start anything else. I mean I counted 50 easily and I have found many more since then
With that I better get to sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!