Sunday, January 8, 2017

Well I had a post

So let's just start this out with some eye candy

This is a quilt I started as a challenge with a sister. Many years ago sge wanted to do a Christmas challenge and we went to her favorite shop bucause it had it's Christmas fabric on sale. We both had to choose 6 maybe 7 or was 8 Half yard cuts and then make something out of it. I didn't want to do someone eles pattern so I came up with this. Ihad saw a pattern sometime before with a star in the center with some flying geese and loved it, so I came up with this. No flying geese but arrows.I used up just about every inch of the fabric too. Now many years later not even sure how many it is finally done. 

I'm packing up things to go to a retreat this next weekend and I am so excited. I love retreating. I can just put on the headphones and sew or I can sit and sew and talk with everyone. Just whatever mood I"m in.  I need to get a lot of things done. Last year I blogged about my dad being ill with dementia and he passed away this past fall and I want to make memory quilts out of his shirts.  The shirts are cut apart and cleaned and stacked in nice order just waiting on me. 
Here are some of them all stacked up and the pattern I want to do with some of them. The plain denim color is just a constant filler I bought. I have 5 siblings and want to make my mother one, so I will need a couple patterns. I also have the Dad/Father sayings on fabric if I want to use them. I am really thinking about it for mine. It's just been so hard to actually do these but I will I will.  I am hoping these gett into the bag to go to retreat but I"m trying to precut everything and not sure if I have time, but never fear another retreat in March. 

  
So do we know what show this is from? I'm a little obsessed, even tho I have only watched season One I have done 7 of the books on Audibile. so I bought all three panels and this is the first of the three that I'm working on. I really think that it is the one I want to keep for myself. Oh you know I really will keep all three of them. But if I could only keep one I think it would be this one. So have you figured out the show. Outlander on Starz. No I don't have Starz in fact we barely have anything. We found ourselves paying for hundrreds of channels and watching regular network majority of the time, so why? We got rid of the satillite and have that Roku thing and stream some TV but since I have a Kindle we have Amazon Prime and viola I found it there and purchased it. My husband says we aren't saving much if I am buying shows. And I say well at least what we are paying for we are watching, or at least I am.But I have a couple borders figured out on this panel so it is going to retreat.


So next is these beautiful black and white sampler blocks we swapped out at a local retreat. I was suppose to have these made into a top last NOV but didn't make it. But I swear I will have it done for our March retreat. I have chosen this luscious limey green and regal purple to go with  them. I will be a completed top when I get back from retreat next weekend. 
Have I shown you this one? Oh I just get so lost in what I have and havent't. I doubt it tho. Ijust recently finished it. Once again something that was started years ago. This uses the x block ruler template thing and I would link it but since on my tablet unsure how. After posting this I will work on that and then maybe this paragraph will make no sense. lol So I will stop this post now, I have a catchie on my fingernail driving me insane so I have to take care of it. I will be back after retreat to let you see what I did.Till then Sew On

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!