Tuesday, January 24, 2017

1st retreat of the year down

Well first retreat of the year is done, and it was a great time. I love retreats. So the first order of quilting was to do a top that was suppose to be done last fall.  but let me show outhis cute little table runner first. Have you seen this fabric. Already into stripes.  I threw the selvedge  away but I believe  it's called STRIP-R, so all I had  to do was make the vertical cuts and stitch it back up into this table runner.  what an easy way to make a bragello. I could see a bed quilt done like this and is it cheating?Who cares is was a breeze. 


So this is the challenge piece It should have been done last November, but I'm always late.  I wish I could get the beautiful purple to show as purple not black. At a retreat Igo to we swapped these black and white blocks. There was 20 of us and each person chose a block and made 20 of them then we swapped them and each of us ended up with 20 different blocks to make a sampler.I picked out this pretty limey green and this luscious purple to go with the black n white blocks. Im really pleased with how this turned out.


still not the right shade.Well maybe after it is quilted Ican hang it outside and it will look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!