Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fri Night Sew In and ......

Ok I got the pics of what I did at the Fri Night Sew In. Now this in itself is a miracle, considering the last couple months I didn't even post about what I did. Now two post and pics!!!!
This is Kathy's, I taught this method at a retreat that she attended a couple years back. Kudo's Kathy for getting it done. I just sashed one of the samples this past retreat also. So you are ahead of me by getting yours completed. She made hers out of homspuns! Isn't it just wonderful. The colors are so lucious, I just want pick it up and taste. It reminds of a bowl of starbursts candy. Yum Yum. I was so pleased with her piano key border. I was really worried that it would stretch out of shape, being homespuns, but it didn't! Yay Kathy great job! Her backing was of a nice heavy flannel, pieced together in color blocks. So cool and it will be so warm this winter!
Here is a close up of the quilting!













Here is Stacy's bag challenge. I have had the top made for months but kept it to demo it at the state guild meeting. I had to go to SW MO to help in my Dads recovery care so a friend did the demo instead. Since I had it so long I decided to quilt it for her and then Fri night I decided to make her a pillowcase to store it in. Well before I could make the pillowcase I needed to cut the binding for the quilt so that is the binding, that little blob just to the left of the pillowcase. The body of the pillowcase is the same green as that small first inner border. The it has a small flange of the green floral outer border and the last trim of pillowcase is the same as in the outer row of blocks lighter color. I used almost every scrap of fabric that she sent me! I just hope Stacy likes it
So these are the items that I worked on at the Fri night sew in. Now back to sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!