Sunday, March 7, 2010

Busy Busy

I have been busy,or shall I say lazy. Take your pick. I spent two weeks glued to the TV with the Olympics. I have so much respect for all the atheletes. It is such devotion and dedication to give up so much to persue that gold medal. Hats off to all of them. But while I was watching them I managed to work on some hand applique. I got it back out on the Friday night sew in and just stitched away. I have been so close to being done on this I could taste it but thenjust when I thought I was done I found I had skipped the cat on the middle row. This pattern is the Disappearing 9-patch. Looks different! I decided to put the four corners together and my first thought was to do some wonderful quilting in the blank spaces. Then I got to thinking that this would be a great time to practice my needle turn applique. I Still need lots more practice too. I have yet to embroider the noses and eyes on them but atleast I feel I have made some headway with it.
Here is the club quilt all put together. I still need to have it quilted by this Thursday. It turned out better than I thought or not what I thought. A friend came up with this idea of the gingham checked star sashing. She was going to put this one together while I put another one together, but as we all know things happen and I found myself doing them both. Each member of our club has made a block with everyone using a bit of the sashing fabric as a focus. When I first staarted this I thought it was way to busy. But when you stand back and look at it, it tells me that it is just one of those samplers. I hope everyone in club is pleased with it, whether or not I get it quilted could be another story.
This my row for Janets Row by row that we are doing at  club. She is doing a red white and blue them of each row being a different block. I chose the Spinner (Brave World) (It has other names too) block. I love the look of this block the way it moves. Blocks showing movement have been my favorite but I have to admit I am seeing the beauty in those blocks that form chains too.

These blocks are for a swap and the patter is called Trail to Treadleonia. This block is just one fourth of the Spinner block. Here is the same block but the small square is replaced with a 9-patch., I also made the large triangle corne into two pieces. These are very close to the same shade of burgandy. I had never even heard of the tradleonia's when I did this one. I had always loved the Spinner block (from Judy Hopkins, Around the Block book) and always thought that varying it would be cool. Here is another way to set the same block. This one is with the 9-patch corners too, but the large corner triangle is all one piece. this pile will make a cool scrappy one when everything is said and done.
I have more done but time is running short so till tomorrow. Sew On

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!