Sunday, May 15, 2016

SO WHERE DO I BEGIN

Oh it's been so long just where do I start? Life has been so full of ups and downs and has kept me busy. First my  91 yr old father  diagnosed with dementia just became to much for my mom to manage and after much turmoil is now settled into a nursing facility.


I know it was rough for the siblings living there but it was rough being hundreds of miles away too. I took serveral trips back in hopes if relieving stress on those there. Don't know if it worked but with those trips it did give me chance to do some quilt shop hoping.
Fabric Merchant, Joplin, MO

Sew Natural, hmm I was out by Wichita, KS was this in Newton?

Lane 154,Webb City, Mo

And now one of my most favorite shops, this little place hides away off the Hiway of Exter MO. The owner is one of the nicest ladies ever. First time I went in we talked and she found out I was from Indiana, but originally from close to there. So the next year I walk in and she looks then exclaims "indiana". Ok now that is something to remember my face and where from. It says something of her personality. Stop in to PDubs if your ever in the Cassville/ Exter MO area.
So I finally got my Christmas present. The hubster got it special made to match the new kitchen cabinets. Wait I haven't told you about my new kitchen. Oh my I am so behind. We lived for months without a kitchen. Living in a home thats 150 yrs old, it needed some up grades.  After checking prices, I decided to design it myself. Custom cabinets. We love how it turned out. Thanks to Hilty Cabinets and James Baumgartner for all the work.The ladder is out of the hickory as the cabinets and is wider than a normal ladder. This way I can show off more of the quilts.








1 comment:

  1. Susan, what a delight to see you again yesterday. come back soon. We love having you! Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!