Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another year gone as another month gone

Small blog Hopping going ons, I did spend sometime checking out new blogs. You know some people seem to have a lot more blog sense than me. I can't figure most of this out. I want buttons to go to different pages but no I can't manage that. But any way I getting way off track but then not really when you read this next part.Also for my going ons in SEP , I really haven't kept track but I posted the going ons in the previous posts. And you know what I need some instructions on how to make those collage pics that so many do. but check out the button on the sidebar for the small blog hop or the fresh sewing day. It is really a great way to meet other bloggers.




Well Well Well, yesterday was birthday so I am another year older. Hmm I don't feel older I feel younger. Ok OK I know I am lying now. The hubby took me out for a steak dinner and then home where I spent time looking through some quilting books. Yep you can tell not much on my mind. I went on a Shop Hop today. Yea. I said I wasn't going to but then I thought go for it. Take the day for me. My journey was for black and white FQ's and I did well. Only veered off the path a few times. Once for a new bolt of red of Bella solids from Moda. I think I got heck of a deal. $57.00 for 16 yards. Then again veered off at a sale table that had some solid Tan for $5.00 a yard got 5 yards, should make a nice back for some quilt. Also got a yard of tree, leaf type for my son and grandsons hunting quilt. Not sure what to do with it but for $5.00 yard I know I can throw it in somewhere. so the third time I veered it was for again some sale fabric a nice beige for $5.00 got 5 yds of it too. Then the 4th and last time I went down the wrong road was for just 2 half yard cuts of  yellows. They were just $2.00 each and it seems I am always needing a yellow for something. So 9 shops and I only went down the wrong road 4 times. I really didn't think that it was too bad. Now I managed to acquire 14 new black and white FQ's. I think I have what I need now for what I want to do. I would show you a pic of my new yummies but the camera doesn't want to work for me. Yes it has been acting up so I think a new one is on the short list. But I have managed to get a couple pics of things I have been doing so here goes.....
This was on my machine for the last FNSI and I did get it done and it was hanging for the contest. This belongs to Diane M and her ability to pick out colors is superb. I would have like to keep this one I love the lime and blue combo. OK I know what am I talking about I want to keep all the quilts that come through my door. But yes I really liked this one. I liked how she chose to use the same background fabric as the sashing,making it look like all the blocks are floating.  Great job once again Diane!










So this next quilt is mine.

I did this top as a mystery for a retreat in 2008. When I did it I just pulled from what I had enough of and boy howdy did I ever pull out some weird ones. The aqua is of some really cheap 70's fabric. But since it was just for a sample I thought why not. Then the burnt orange came from Jo-Ann Fabrics. I knew the two colors didn't go together but since it was for a sample I didn't care. So for the past three years I have been trying to quilt this. I would start something then have to take it off the machine and it sat for a year or so. Put it back on and think OH I don't like that but this is too cheap of fabric I can't rip it out. Take it back off and let it sit for another year or so. Finally I got it all done all in all I think I had this on my machine at least 8 times and off it 7. So I know the curves aren't the same and swirls are different but Oh well it will be going on my bed for me to use and I know it help keep hubby and I warm and that is all that matters. I thought about giving it to Joplin tornado victim but I just can't give em that cheap fabric. Well even with all of it's ups (were there any) and it's downs I love this quilt. I call it Odd Couple since these are two colors that normally aren't together.

So I also have decided to join Blogtoberfest just another way to meet other bloggers. Use this link or the button on the side bar.


Well I have to finish one for a customer that is going out the door tomorrow so I best be getting to it.

3 comments:

  1. Found you through the Small Blog Meet -- whether you have figured out linking on blogs or not (I keep thinking I can find a class on just the very things you're talking about!), you certainly have figured out your long arming skills! Your quilts are lovely. I aspire to own one eventually! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the quilting on this. I don't have a long arm or anything like that, but I did try doing that leaf motif on my most recent finish. I think that after seeing your quilt I would love to try something similar--tight stipple around it to make the detail really stand out. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, just thought I'd swing by & say "Happy Blogtoberfest"!

    If it's your first year joining in, I'm sure you'll love it, it's a bunch of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!