Monday, May 17, 2010

Mystery! Selvage, Anniversary

Well the Mystery is ironed out and I think I will start the 1st of JUN posting it here. This is a traditional pieced that is simple enough for a beginner but yet interesting enough to keep the advanced quilter intrigued.
So JUN 1 I will post fabrics requirements and then the first of the month there after I will post steps. I will leave the steps here on the blog for a couple of months only.
Well the selvage wall hanging  is growing. I have decided to use all the different colors of poly cotton blends that I have and do a set of four of these blocks and then just see what this turns out to be. I think it will be a beauty, but sometimes what I think I see is not what it turns out to be at all. BUT with just this small sampling I think I am going to like it. I have found (of course there may be more hiding) 5 other different colors and then some colors have slightly different shades and I haven't decided if I want to use them or just stick with the one shade. I guess I will take it one set of 4 at a time.



It was my anniversary this past weekend! Perry sent me these gorgeous roses at work. I counted them and there was 9, I thought how odd, we have been married 10 years. but then I decided I couldn't fault him I mean he did remember without any prompting from me. In fact he reminded me. When I got home from work I left them downstairs and went up to the family room to see him and thanked him for the roses and casually asked him how many years we had been married. He stated 10 so I just had to ask why then 9 roses. It seems the florist shorted him one rose. The receipt was for 10 so they brought me one more.   Yep I got a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again!